Recruitment now open!
We are excited to offer this unique opportunity to work with a passionate and committed team of women who oversee the strategic development of the organisation. The role of the Board is to ensure good governance and financial management, whilst also supporting and championing the work of the charity.
The Lanarkshire Rape Crisis Centre is the lead organisation supporting women and girls affected by rape, sexual violence and abuse across North and South Lanarkshire. Our key objective is to promote the welfare and relieve the distress of women and girls who have experienced rape and/or any form of sexual abuse or exploitation at any time in their lives.
LRCC supports all women including trans and intersex women, as well as non—binary and gender fluid people. We currently provide a range of emotional & practical support, advocacy, prevention and education services via a team of highly trained paid and unpaid workers.
In line with LRCC’s ethos, vision, mission and charitable purpose, we are committed to representing a diversity of voices on our Board. In particular, young women are currently under-represented on our Board. Therefore, while not exclusive in any way, we are especially keen to find candidates to help us to address this gap. We are also interested in receiving applications from other traditionally underrepresented groups such as BME, LGBT and those who identify as having a disability.
What will the role involve?
- Participation in the decision-making, governance and strategic direction of the organisation
- Taking time to become familiar with relevant reports and Board papers in order to contribute to meetings
- Attending and contributing to Board meetings (meeting monthly) and an Annual General Meeting
- Being a champion of the issues affecting the individuals and groups we support
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in one or more of the areas of HR, Finance, Management, Business Development or/and Health & Safety.
- Passionate about improving the lives of women & girls affected by sexual violence.
- Interested in contributing their own qualities, skills and experience to our aims.
- Ideally from a traditionally under represented group on boards (young women, BME, LGBT).
In return you will…
- Be an important and valued part of the LRCC team.
- Be fully supported to develop your role on the Board.
- Gain transferable skills and experience to enhance your CPD.
- Have the chance to make an impact in addressing Gender Based Violence across Lanarkshire.
- Be reimbursed for all reasonable travel expenses.
To apply, please email your details to Board@lanrcc.org.uk by Friday 12th July 2019, with a statement outlining why you would like to be considered for this opportunity, and a note about the skills and experience you would bring to the role. (CV’s can be provided).
If you would like to ask questions or have an informal chat with us about this role please contact the Centre Manager on 01696 527006 or email email@example.com.