We currently do not have any vacancies. Any future vacancies will be published here and on our social media channels.
Recruitment for board members
In line with LRCC’s ethos, vision, mission and charitable purpose, we are committed to representing a diversity of voices on our Board. We are therefore interested in receiving applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, and would welcome applications from women who are black, from a minority ethnic background, or who identify as LGBT or disabled.
What will the role involve?
- Participation in the decision-making, governance and strategic direction of the organisation
- Taking time to become familiar with relevant reports and Board papers in order to contribute to meetings
- Attending and contributing to Board meetings (meeting monthly) and an Annual General Meeting
- Being a champion of the issues affecting the individuals and groups we support
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in one or more of the areas of HR, Finance, Management, Business Development or/and Health & Safety.
- Passionate about improving the lives of women & girls affected by sexual violence.
- Interested in contributing their own qualities, skills and experience to our aims.
In return you will…
- Be an important and valued part of the LRCC team.
- Be fully supported to develop your role on the Board.
- Gain transferable skills and experience to enhance your CPD.
- Have the chance to make an impact in addressing Gender Based Violence across Lanarkshire.
- Be reimbursed for all reasonable travel expenses.
If you are interested in finding out more, please email your details and interest to Carol@lanrcc.org.uk
To apply, please email your details to Recruitment@lanrcc.org.uk with a statement outlining why you would like to be considered for this opportunity, and a note about the skills and experience you would bring to the role.
Due to the current restrictions related to Covid-19, Lanarkshire Rape Crisis Centre is not actively recruiting at the moment. We are hoping to resume as soon as possible and will update our website and social media channels as soon as opportunities arise.
We particularly want to create an environment where all communities feel free to become involved in volunteer work within LRCC, to enable us to reflect the diversity that exists across the wider areas of Lanarkshire.
It costs LRCC over £300,000 per year to deliver our core services, so financial support is crucial to our growth and sustainability. Therefore, we continue to work very hard at securing enough funds to sustain and develop service provision through the submission of funding applications to various trusts and charities, fundraising and encouraging donations.
We would like to acknowledge existing and previous financial support provided by the Scottish Government, North Lanarkshire Council, South Lanarkshire Council, National Lottery – Young Start and the many individuals who have raised funds and made donations. We would also like to acknowledge support from some local businesses who provided donations and prizes for fundraising activities, to help LRCC deliver its services to the women of Lanarkshire.
If you would like to help by making a donation to LRCC, you can do so here: https://localgiving.org/lanarkshirerapecrisiscentre, or if you would like to discuss other ways in which you could support us, please email email@example.com.
These positions require female applicants and are exempt under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.